photo Slice-1_zps837bbfb3.jpg photo Slice-2_zps04dd7b0c.png photo Slice-3_zpsf5f55031.png photo Slice-4_zps558d5737.png photo Slice-5_zps2d09eb09.png photo Slice-6_zpsfd8e430d.png photo Slice-7_zpseaa781cc.png photo Slice-8_zpsba9d5c2a.png photo Slice-9_zps00a6108b.png

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

The Painted Sky


Today I woke up to the most beautiful sunrise.

A-M-A-Z-I-N-G.

I live in the city and it is very difficult to get a sunrise or sunset shot.

To many light poles, street signs, power lines, etc. in the way.

But today.....




I had to find a way to make it work. To not capture this beauty and share with you would be unthinkable.















I was awake, up and fully dressed 6 a.m. Unusual for me.

The hubster told me to look out the window.

I did. I saw this.






I was like, WOW.  Just WOW.


"Today" would be the day I would take sunrise shots - in the city AND make it work.

Notice the streak of orange to the right of the photo.  Like a bright bolt of "Tennessee" orange lightening flashing by sideways.


I grabbed my jacket and camera and raced across the street into the neighbors yard in order to dodge the power lines.




The sunrise was one of the most beautiful I have ever experienced.

If you look closely at these two photos, you can see an old man's wrinkled face.  He has a big nose and puffy lips.  His squinted eyes are as if he is looking down...watching me.


The afternoon brought a sky with beautiful shades of sky blue and turquoise.  The white clouds made the blue more vibrant. A reminder of the crystal clear turquoise waters in the Caribbean sea.

After such a breath-taking sunrise, I thought maybe, just maybe, the sunset would be beautiful too. I was ready and waiting as it appeared in the sky.

It was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G.


If you look closely, you can see the silhouette of lady flying.  She has on a long dress, long flowing hair and arms out reached as if she is gently gliding along on the brightly painted sky.


Her journey soon to end as darkness falls.


As quickly as the painted sky came to us....


It was gone. 

A one-of-a-kind canvas that once was, yet never again to be.  

I am happy I took the time to enjoy today's painted sky.  

It reminded me of when I stop and smell the roses. 

The simplicity of nature can make an ordinary day, extraordinary. 

God truly is "the" master artist.

If you would like to check out "The Beauty of the Fall" photos you can find them here.  

I hope you have a "painted sky" kind of day!

Donna
xoxo

























No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis