photo Slice-1_zps837bbfb3.jpg photo Slice-2_zps04dd7b0c.png photo Slice-3_zpsf5f55031.png photo Slice-4_zps558d5737.png photo Slice-5_zps2d09eb09.png photo Slice-6_zpsfd8e430d.png photo Slice-7_zpseaa781cc.png photo Slice-8_zpsba9d5c2a.png photo Slice-9_zps00a6108b.png

Saturday, February 1, 2014

Buffalo New York - Hot Cheesy Chicken

Have you ever had the "January Blues?" You know, after New Year's when all the excitement of the holidays settle down and you are like, uuuhhhhh, what am I supposed to do now, kinda funk?

Yes? I thought so.

Happens to the best of us from time to time.

This year it hit me hard. Like "hammer pounding" hard. Not kidding.


But…to my surprise it didn't last too long. I did something crazy to get myself out of it. I will share it with you in a few weeks. You will be surprised. It is totally retro!

In the meantime, we have the Broncos and Seahawks coming up and we need some good munching food.

This is the perfect opportunity to make "Hot Cheesy Chicken."

It is easy to make and if you like hot sauce like I do, wa-la - the perfect Superbowl snack.


















Chop up 2-3 cans of chicken. I like "Tyson" if I don't can't use fresh.

I totally prefer fresh grilled, shredded chicken but if the grill currently has 3" of ice on top and it is -2F outside, then, well, canned will have to do.


Buy yourself a gallon of Frank's RedHot Hot Sauce. 

Just kidding!

I realize that not everyone buys hot sauce by the gallon but the hubster does. He has a "thing" for it. No kidding at all.


Add 1 cup of hot sauce to the chopped chicken.


If you have access to Rooties Blue Cheese Dressing, add 1 cup. If not, I can't recommend any other brand of blue cheese dressing except my homemade. You can find it here.

I get lucky because most every Thanksgiving a friend visits from Buffalo, NY and stocks me up with Rooties, among other goodies from the North.


Next add 2-3 cups of sharp shredded cheddar. I used the store brand.

Mix it all together, baby! You are well on your way to deliciousness

Slice up 12 oz. of cream cheese - 1-1/2 large packages.

Spread the cheesiness into a 9x13 pan, or casserole dish if you want to be fancy.

Slice up 12 oz. of cream cheese. One large package plus half of another.

Place the cream cheese on top of the cheesy mixture. I like dollops of cream cheese, instead of the "melting method," because I like to experience a blast of cream cheese with every bite.

Pop it in the oven and bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes. Timing depends on oven temps and if you like your Hot Cheesy Chicken "done" or "well done." 

Everyone is different so timing will vary. Heck, you may even like your Hot Cheesy Chicken "rare."

THIS is what comes out of the oven. 

YUM.

It's party time, baby!

Buffalo Hot Cheesy Chicken

12 oz cream cheese – 1-1/2 packages
1 Cup Frank’s hot sauce
1 Cup blue cheese dressing - homemade or Rooties
2-4 cups of cooked chicken breast (or canned chicken 2-3 cans)
2-3 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese – I use 2 cups

Mix in this order:
Melt cream cheese for 1 minute in microwave
Add hot sauce, stir
Add blue cheese, stir
Add cheddar cheese, stir
Add chicken, stir
Mix together and bake in a 9x13 pan @ 350 for 20-25 min.
Serve with tortilla chips and enjoy.

The original recipe states to "melt" the cream cheese. I don't do that but you can. Do whatever you like.

Let me know if you try it!

I hope you are keeping warm this Winter!

BIG Love
Donna
xoxo

















No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis