photo Slice-1_zps837bbfb3.jpg photo Slice-2_zps04dd7b0c.png photo Slice-3_zpsf5f55031.png photo Slice-4_zps558d5737.png photo Slice-5_zps2d09eb09.png photo Slice-6_zpsfd8e430d.png photo Slice-7_zpseaa781cc.png photo Slice-8_zpsba9d5c2a.png photo Slice-9_zps00a6108b.png

Monday, August 19, 2013

Cookie Butter Krispies with Caramel Sauce

Have you tried the new cookie butters already?  They are "out of this world" good. If you haven't tried one, you missing out on some real good stuff.

I made "cookie butter krispie treats" this weekend and oh my - I could have eaten the entire pan.






I had a 10-1/2 oz bag of jet puffed marshmallows so I started with the recipe on the back of the package.  You can find it here.  

Once the marshmallows were heated, I added in 1/2 cup of the Biscoff Cookie Spread.  Talk about crazy-good. There is just nothing like this.

Did I say it was addictive?

It is.

I used an 8X8 pan, that I sprayed with non-stick baking spray, instead of the a 13X9 because I wanted my krispies to be taller.  If you like shorter krispies, then by all means use the 13X9.  Heck, use a round pan if you like - the sky is the limit with all of the pan choices these days.

I chilled them for about 30 minutes and then gently coaxed them out of the pan.  It was a bit of a challenge so I suggest that you line your pan with foil and leave "handles" on the side.  This way, you can lift the krispies up and out of the pan after they have "set" without any problems.




















I placed the entire mass of the yummy-o goodness on a piece of waxed paper.  Then I covered it with and additional 1/2 cup of the cookie butter spread.  

I was going to leave them like this but I couldn't stop myself.  


















I decided to make some caramel sauce and pour it over the cookie butter.  

If you have ever made caramel sauce then you know can be a bit tricky, moody and fussy - all at the same time.  I used my regular recipe and for some unknown reason, this batch turned into a vast crystallized mess of hard rocks in my pot.  

I decided to try a new recipe that used a bit of corn syrup.  This helped the caramel sauce from crystallizing and turning into rocks.  The recipe turned out great.  You can find the recipe and how to overcome some of the difficulties here.















Chill for about 30 minutes and then cut them into squares.  

In order to get uniform squares, cut it in half.  Then cut the two halves in half again.  You will have four strips of krispies.  Cut each of the four strips in half and cut the short strips once more.  With each strip, you should get four squares for a total of 16 krispies.  

Oh yeah, if you really, really, really like caramel sauce as much as I do, place each krispie square on a piece of parchment paper and spoon a little more sauce on top.  Oh my.  This will take your krispie treats to a while new level.

We are almost talking a gourmet "plated dessert."  Well, not really but it sounds great, doesn't it?

Cookie Butter Krispies with Caramel Sauce

3 TLBS Butter
1 10-1/2 bag Jet Puffed mini marshmallows
6 C Krispie Cereal
1/2 Cup Biscoff Cookie Spread for inside
1/2 Cup Biscoff Cookie Spread for topping

Spray large microwave-safe bowl and wooden spoon with non-stick baking spray.


Melt butter for approximately 30-45 seconds
Add the marshmallows to bowl and coat with the melted butter.
Heat marshmallows for 1 minute and stir.  Heat an additional 30 seconds if necessary.
Stir marshmallows until smooth.  
Stir in 1/2 cup of the cookie spread.
Add in krispies.

Press into 8X8 pan and allow too cool.
Remove from pan and cover with an additional 1/2 cup of cookie spread.

Pour 1/2 - 1 cup of  caramel sauce on top. 

Cut into squares.

Another variation is to use a 13X9 pan and make krispie sandwiches.  Simply cut the entire mass of krispies in half and add the cookie spread and the caramel sauce to one half only.  Place the other half on top and wa-la, you have "Cookie Butter Sandwich Krispies with Caramel Sauce."

I don't think I would be able to resist the urge to pour even more caramel sauce on top of the sandwiches.

Sometimes it is difficult to stop.

Speaking of "stopping"....

I guess it is time to stop talking for now.

Thanks for visiting!  I hope you have some krispies in your future!

Donna
xoxo













No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis