photo Slice-1_zps837bbfb3.jpg photo Slice-2_zps04dd7b0c.png photo Slice-3_zpsf5f55031.png photo Slice-4_zps558d5737.png photo Slice-5_zps2d09eb09.png photo Slice-6_zpsfd8e430d.png photo Slice-7_zpseaa781cc.png photo Slice-8_zpsba9d5c2a.png photo Slice-9_zps00a6108b.png

Thursday, February 13, 2014

How do you Measure up on the LOVE Scale?


I have been thinking about Valentine's Day for the past few weeks because I love to make Valentine's Day sweets. I have made a few too many - just because I like too.

The Valentine sweets are so cute with all the reds, pinks and whites. And have you check out the Valentine isles in the stores? Colorful, cute-ness overload.

Valentine's Day is the big love day of the year, you know.

It is easy to show love with lots of candy, roses, chocolate dipped strawberries, jewelry and nice dinners. Yes. That's easy.



I left out "diamonds." What was I thinking?!

With all the love stuff going on, I started thinking about how I measure up on the BIGGEST love scale of them all. I looked it up and did a "self check."

Do you ever do "self checks?" The outcome can be good or….hmmmmm, sometimes not so good.

Drum roll please…..

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the biggest LOVE scale of them all….

Love is patient.

Love is kind.

It does not envy.

It does not boast.

Love is not proud.

Love does not dishonor others.

Love is not self-seeking.

Love is not easily angered.

Love keeps no record of wrongs.

Love does not delight in evil.

Love always protects.

Love always trusts.

Love always hopes.

Love always preservers.

LOVE never fails.

Okay, fess up. How did you do?

I am running about 50/50. I need to start working on a few items half of the list.

The bottom line is that LOVE is hard. I thought I was doing pretty well on the love scale until I reviewed it. I should perform "love checks" more often.

It's like I am totally out of LOVE shape.

Now that we know what we need to do in regards to the love scale, let's bring on the sweets!





















This little jar cake is red velvet cake with pink cream cheese buttercream. I applied a red fondant heart on the inside of the jar.





















Princess flavored sugar cookies with pink strawberry icing.



















Chocolate amaretto truffles, rolled in sprinkles and cocoa powder. I can't seem to get enough of these.



















I baked chocolate sugar cookies in mini cupcake tins. Once cooled, I filled them with chocolate ganache, added a swirl of vanilla buttercream and tossed on a few Valentine's sprinkles. They are so tiny - only two bites of sweetness.

You will most certainly need three or four of these little guys.



















Vanilla sugar cookie hearts with vanilla icing.

















Princess flavored girly cookies covered with strawberry royal icing.



















What girl doesn't love pretty dresses to match all her diamonds?



















And lots of purses and shoes.

Yes. Bring it on, baby!

Have the sweetest Valentine's Day of them all.  I hope you give a big love fix and and receive a big sweet fix.

Happy LOVE day!

Donna
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis